Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Embittermints Coast to Coast!

Dear People Who Read This Site, “George”, Girl, That Euro, Special C, Dr. Chris, Medicine Woman, The (Other) O.C., (Get Back) JoJo, Beloved Retailers, Almost as Beloved Press, and Especially Beloved Potential Investors,

Long time, no update, I know. That's not to say that all's been quiet on the Embittermints front. In fact, as some of you know, Embittermints were featured in the gift bags distributed by Gothamist during CMJ. So, welcome new Gothamist/CMJ fans!

And good news for those of you on the west coast -- Sausalito Ferry Co. will be carrying Embittermints in the next couple of weeks. Be sure to visit the store and pick up some Embittermints, along with the other great merchandise they have (I bought a few Smurfs, myself).

I wish it were all sunshine and rainbows, but, alas, Gwyneth has made a show for PBS. What a horror show it is. As far as I can tell, it's mostly about Batali ("Batalz"), Gwyneth ("Paltz" or "GP"), Mark Bittman ("Bitty") and Claudia hanging in Spain, smug at being celebrities, and being gluttons. Which would be somewhat acceptable. What isn't acceptable is Gwyneth saying over and over again that she won't eat ham or any meat. I mean, we get it, and undoubtedly your friends get it -- do you need to make a fuss about it? Insufferable. And to think, before, all I had to complain about was her smug website. I just have to hope that Coldplay are lipsynching, because it would hardly seem fair that someone so insufferable should be connected with a band I like.

I'd forgotten about Gwyneth, as my outrage has been reserved for the election. Sarah Palin, seriously? And, by the way, I don't buy that they're returning the clothes. Or maybe she'll buy them from the RNC as used goods. In any event, did the RNC have to outfit her kids? I just hope that she loses the VP spot and goes back to Alaska.

So, go vote for Obama (if you're a Republican, perhaps sit this one out!), and watch this space for another Embittermints Brooklyn Flea appearance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home